Friday, February 19, 2010

The power of praying...

Lately I have been experiencing a strange feeling when I am praying.

Maybe I've just reached to that level. Whatever the case, I guess that's good. Good for me.

As an individual, you need to hang onto something. Something that will not drag you away but keep you rooted on the ground. On that sense, I think prayers are good. I am sure most of us would be doing it often but since I've entered late, I think this has kind of worked like magic for me.

Praying is good. This I know. But praying in a group is even better.

Off late we have started bhajans with our friends family alternating in our respective homes. It's good to see all of us channelizing our thoughts towards one cause. A prayer, meditation whatever you call it. The mind at that moment is free from any bias, prejudice and any other negativity that would otherwise crop up in a different situation.

Besides all these, it's good to see your kids sitting with folded hands, eyes closed, deep in mediation, innocently praying to lord... maybe for a toy surprise or even a candy... The ultimate goal is to ensure that they  know how to pray and channelize their thinking. Chanting hymns, shlokas etc creates such positive vibes all around us and inside the house.

I guess we all do it. Do it together. Just for few minutes a day. That personal moment is needed between you and the eternal being abode.

I have never felt this good before. I also do not claim myself to be neither God fearing nor an athiest! But this I know that someone is having a watchful eye on you. Tracing all your moves and actions and your thoughts!

And when you leave aside all your egos, tags, designations, status and start praying in unison... it is as good as experiencing God!

It is also a good outlet to let go of your inhibitions, negative emotions and anything that stops you from taking that extra step.

Besides all this... it also teaches you to be together as a family and enjoy life together rather than run after your own desires....

Have you experienced this lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment